Explain the deposit to me.
Your $450 deposit secures your spot for the retreat along with your retreat pricing. (ex: promo, early bird or regular)
Your deposit is nonrefundable.
Space is limited to a small number of participants to ensure we keep the integrity and experience exceptional. Your deposit secures your spot, but also takes away a spot from someone else, therefore, we are unable to refund any deposit.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
To cancel your retreat reservation, send written confirmation of your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc your retreat host with your full name, email address, and phone number. The following outlines our refund policy.
- The $450 deposit is nonrefundable and is required to lock in retreat pricing.
- 100% of remaining balance paid will be refunded if canceled in writing 90 days prior to retreat start date.
- 50% of remaining balance paid will be refunded if canceled in writing 60 days prior to retreat start date.
- 25% of remaining balance paid will be refunded if canceled in writing 30 days prior to retreat start date.
- No refund available within 30 days of the retreat start date.
What should I expect the process to be like?
Send us an email email@example.com or complete the contact form for more information on all our retreats or a specific retreat you’re interested in attending. Once you’ve chosen a retreat to attend, you’ll flow through the following steps.
- Complete the client information and liability waiver form and pay your non-refundable deposit to lock in your retreat price.
- Like our Facebook Page (@photoretreatshawaii) and follow @photoretreatshawaii on Instagram.
- Complete your payments on schedule to ensure your retreat price. Feel free to make payments ahead of your scheduled dates. If you choose autopay, you payments will be made on the date set in your proposal.
- Let us know your airline travel plans to ensure your arrival and departure are within our dedicated pickup and drop-off times.
- Complete the participant questionnaire within 21 days of the retreat start date. Retreats will be geared toward the desires of the participants, so please be open and honest when answering the questions.
- We recommend you purchase travel insurance and have coverage for your camera equipment while at the retreat.
- Come ready to be inspired, increase your knowledge and make new friends.
- During the retreat please share your experience on social media (Facebook Page + Instagram) and use the #photoretreatshawaii and your retreat’s hashtags.
- Upload photo of the models to the dropbox folder within 14 days of the retreat’s end date. Images posted on social media MUST be uploaded to the dropbox folder. Please share on our Facebook Page and Tag @photoretreatshawaii #photoretreatshawaii on Instagram.
- Once the retreat is complete you’ll receive a follow-up questionnaire asking about your experience. You’ll be asked to upload your favorite photo/selfie from the retreat so make sure you grab one…or two!
Can I bring my partner or studio manager with me?
Yes, the retreat is open to everyone, photographers or those who just need to get away and want to head to Hawaii to do so! Retreat space is limited. Send us a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Where is the retreat based?
The Windward Retreat Center is located in Kaʻaʻawa, Hawaiʻi, a small beach community on the windward (eastern) coast of the island of Oahu. Ka’a’awa is nestled between spectacular mountains and beautiful white sand beaches. Fluffy spa towels, tropical scented soaps and shampoos are included. High-speed internet and wifi will be available throughout the property.
What is the closest airport?
The closest airport is the Honolulu International Airport located in Honolulu, HI. The airport code is (HNL).
What is the weather like in Hawaii?
Hawaii is a tropical environment with daytime temperatures ranging from mid 70’s to mid 80’s and night time temperatures around 10 degrees cooler.
The retreat center is located on the windward side of the island, and it may rain more in the winter months than the summer months. You can find more information on Hawaii’s weather here.
What should I bring?
In addition to your everyday attire, keeping in mind Hawaii’s weather while you’re visiting, we recommend a bathing suit, beach towel (shower towels are provided and cannot be taken to the beach), hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, slippers (flip-flops), a light rain jacket or sweatshirt and hiking shoes if you feel you will need them.
Each retreat may focus on slightly different topics, but leaving with a greater sense of understanding of the equipment you use on a regular basis is a priority for all retreats. You will be using your own camera and lenses during all photography instruction. You’re welcome to bring your lighting gear if you’d like specific instruction with it. We will have limited strobes available for photography instruction.
If photoshop, editing, image critiques or hands-on group work is part of your retreat schedule, it is recommended that you bring your laptop with you. Remember to pack chargers, cords and adapters and any editing tools you may need. We will not have any of these items on hand for you to borrow.
The most important thing is to come with an open mind and positive attitude. You’ll be sharing meals and car rides with your host and fellow participants. While your host will provide the majority of your instruction, the goal of each retreat is to build strong bonds between all those in attendance, to share knowledge and struggles with each other and to walk away from this experience with confidence, inspiration and focus to return home and continue to build and excel in your photography practice and business.