- As the host, you are required to promote the to your circle of followers, colleagues, and friends and book a minimum of six (single host) and ten (couple/partner host) paid in full participants in order to receive full (100%) Host Compensation. Failure to book a minimum of six (single host) and ten (couple/partner host) fully paid participants will lead to Partial Host Compensation.
- To whom and in what formats you choose to promote the retreat is completely up to you. The costs and dates of the retreat package availability are set and must be adhered to.
- *90 Day Rule: If 90 Days in advance of the start of the retreat is completely empty or less than 4 people are signed up and NO ONE has paid for airfare, the retreat will be canceled and money will be refunded. If even ONE person has paid for airfare, the retreat will continue as planned and the host has 60 days to meet the required 10 paid in full participants.
- As the host, you are required to show up and host the retreat regardless of the number of fully paid attendees if anyone has purchased airfare within 90 days of the retreat start date. Failure to do so will result in legal action. You will be compensated based on the Partial Compensation Schedule.
- Provide 8-10 sample images + Headshot + Bio to be used on the retreat signup/detail page. You are more than welcome to provide any additional images, video and copy you’d like to be included. It is highly recommended but not required you provide a simple intro video with who you are and what your vision for the retreat is. You may design and host and promote this retreat in any way you want, as long as all bookings are done through the retreat signup and details page. Due: within 10 days of contract signing. (Your video can be hosted on your YouTube or Vimeo account and shared, this can come later if you choose.)
- Complete the Host Intro Questionnaire within 10 days of contract signing.
- Provide an outline of when and what you’d like to cover during your retreat. Participants should bring their own equipment or you may bring any equipment you’d like to allow participants to use. If you desire something specific for a specific session, please include your outline and arrangements can be made. Models as well. Due within 10 days of contract signing. (Not set in stone, but participants need to get an idea of what is going on)
- Car rental will be placed in your name upon arrival in Honolulu, HI. Car rental and gas will be paid for by Retreat Coordinator (Kaui Nichols)
- All guests must be paid in full participants. No accommodations, meals or travel have been included for an assistant. Accommodations, meals and on island travel have been included for just the retreat host. With the booking of 18 paid in full participants, accommodations, meals, and on-island travel will be provided for 1 assistant.
- Non-Compete Clause: Host understands that coordinator (Kaui Nichols) is providing a service and connections to people and places on Oahu, Hawaii and agrees to a 2-year non-compete agreement to not host an Oahu Retreat at the same Oahu location. If the host would like to coordinate another retreat at the same Oahu location within the 2 years, she agrees to host retreats through Kaui Nichols unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by both parties. After the 2 year window, the host is free to coordinate on her own.
- You will be asked input on room assignments.
- Host’s Deposit: The host’s deposit is taken to ensure both parties are invested in the production of the retreat and to help cover any incurred costs should the minimum number of participants not be met.
Coordinator (Kaui Nichols) Responsibilities:
- The coordinator will provide the shell/technicalities and facilitate the planning, coordination and implementation of the host’s retreat outline.
- The coordinator will assume the responsibilities of securing the retreat accommodations, meals, and transportation.
- The coordinator will create a portal for participants to book and pay for retreat and manage all questions and confirmations with participants. Coordinator (Kaui Nichols) will provide the host with an up-to-date participant list bi-weekly.
- The coordinator will provide a check to the host upon completion of the retreat in accordance of the Compensation Scale based on total paid in full participants.
- The coordinator will be on site to handle and coordinate the retreat. Coordinate and pick up meals. Offer recommendations for fun to do activities and sights.
- The coordinator will provide the host with a shared Dropbox Folder to share Sample Photos, Bio, Headshot, and Outline + A link to complete the Host’s Intro Questionnaire within 3 days of receiving a signed contract.
- The coordinator will provide the hose with a retreat detail and sign up web page within 14 days of receiving your Host’s Intro Questionnaire, Bio, Sample Photos, Headshot, and Outline. No signup portal will be available unless all items have been completed.
Base Retreat Package Includes:
- 4 days, 3 night’s accommodations with full meal plan (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Check In after 2pm – Check Out by 11 am. (5, 6, and 7-day retreats available).
- Access to retreat facilities + beach right down the road and hiking trail straight up from the retreat center.
- Retreat activities and instruction hosted by Retreat Host.
- On-island transportation to and from retreat activities and photo shoots.
- Transportation to and from the Retreat Center and the airport (HNL) during predetermined time on the arrival and departure dates.
- Sightseeing on the island of Oahu during drives to and from planned photoshoots and activities. Option to add on additional activities. The group may decide how to spend their free time.
Participant Package Pricing Options:
- Promo Special Pricing: available for a minimum of 30 days maximum of 60 days from the day contract is signed, promotional material, bio, headshot, questionnaire and video are submitted.
- Early Bird Special Pricing: available for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 90 days from the end date of the Promo Special Pricing.
- Regular Pricing: available with deposit + additional payments up to 60 days in advance of retreat start date. Payment in full due 21 days prior to retreat start date.
- A $450 deposit is nonrefundable.
- A 100% refund of the remaining balance is available with written cancelation notice 90 days in advance of the retreat start date.
- A 50% refund of the remaining balance is available with written cancelation notice 60 days in advance of the retreat start date.
- A 25% refund of the remaining balance is available with written cancelation notice 30 day in advance of the retreat start date.
- No refund is available within 30 days of the retreat start date.